Blimey that was fast!


The seat has arrived. Now I need to decide if it's easier to use this as a pattern to make another once I've made a few minor modifications to it to suit my shape and size. I fit in it ok and it's comfy but the bulge under the knackers needs sorting and I'm going to make mine a bit longer in the seat area. I may also use a bit of marine ply to extend the back rest and then cover it all in foam and waterproof vinyl.

I'm fitting the seat much like they would in a F1 kart, four struts bolted into the seat and then bolted to the chassis. Once the seat is in and adjusted properly I'll be able to work out where the dash bulkhead needs to go. I've got to get two roll over hoops that will mount on the rear bulkhead and fabricate two head rests to be bolted to the front of each hoop.

The seatbelt mounts will be welded to the chassis once we have the seats bolted in. I'm using four point kit and I'm sure that they will be more than up to the job.
I'll get some more pictures of the progress tomorrow. Good news is that aliens Tig will be back from the repair shop soon so I can start thinking about making pedals and such from bits of scrap we have in the shed while I save for more steel. Finances dictate this is built with the proceeds of me selling all the other bike and car stuff I'm not using on my project. Not easy when everyone is skint!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bits for the Reverse Trike Project.

Clueless?