Skip Diving Fool.

Ok I confess, It's not the first time I've had summat out of a skip but this has saved me a bundle of cash. I found a filing cabinet in a skip and the steel I've reclaimed from it will cover all of the bottom of the chassis, it bears no weight, its just to keep crud off the frame members and make it easier to clean after being on a muddy rally site.

Another four drawer filing cabinet will see all of the firewalls and both sides covered in  0.8 mm recovered sheets and it's already powdercoated. In the grand scheme of things that a result as far as I'm concerned.
Still a long way to go but if I can keep the costs down by reclaiming steel from stuff folk are throwing away the chassis will cost a lot less to build than I first thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bits for the Reverse Trike Project.

Clueless?