Close but no cigar

I am very close to my head imploding this week. I have lots of stuff in my shed I don't need and tons of stuff I could do with having in the shed but I know isn't there.

The FZ engine ( part done which I hate ) has been moved to one side while we sort the jig table out. The jig table can only be sorted out when I have some more steel. Some more steel can only be sorted out when I've shifted some of the stuff I don't need. I can only shift it when I've photographed it all and got it online.

It's going to be one of those weeks I think betwixt rock and a hard place but I'll muddle through.
It looks like a day of being 'David Bailey' followed by an afternoon of 'Del Boy' online on the various motorcycle and auction websites. They aren't contributing to my  build so they won't be named here and be assured I'll be waiting for a free listings day too!

After chatting to Paul, the engineering wizard I know I've decided to go with a bike swing arm and rear wheel wide enough to accommodate a 180 section car tyre, the seats will be a tandem arrangement and it will be partly covered in bodywork at the front to keep the road muck etc off me, the missus and the important bits and bobs like pedal boxes and brake/clutch master cylinders.

I have a load of research to do to find seats and harnesses, the size of the seats is something we need to consider before we even start to do the bottom chassis rails because I want to mount the seats directly to the chassis. I have sketches on bits of card, wood, paper and the side of the shed that all need pulling together and I need to jot down dimensions so I can come up with a drawing of the chassis so we can work out a cutting list.

It's a work in progress, slow progress but progress all the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bits for the Reverse Trike Project.

Clueless?