Clueless?

Well fortunately not. I've had some experience of setting jigs up, I also now know to check twice, cut once!
I apply the same methodology to assembly too, tack, check, re-tack, check and then weld.

My first job, and this will be the hardest bit is to come up with a set of drawings that people will be able to understand. I know what I want but need to be able to show other people what I want in case we can't make it in my shed.

This is where it will get interesting because I do everything in metric, taught that way and everyone else I know works in pounds and ounces! This has the potential for confusion and laughter so no doubt it shouldn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things. Kayleigh my 15 year old is a maths whizz so will be able to arbitrate any arguments that arise.

Now those of you that read my first post will know that because of my particular health issues I can't ride a sports bike or street fighter. The normal riding position on bikes and trikes cause me a lot of pain and my right leg is virtually useless after a while. So the only option open to me that will be anything like exiting enough to use and cool enough to go out in is going to be a bike engined reverse trike.
Many call this configuration a tadpole but I'm going to give it the simpler RT designation as used by many folk who have built their own.

My fist job is going to see if there are any issue with building a RT with VOSA for it is there it will be inspected and either certified and registered for road use or consigned to a track day toy for someone able to afford track days!

Oddly enough I do have some experience of building a race winning chassis or two. Ok! Only eighth scale buggy chassis but the principles and geometry are exactly the same. The double wishbone front end, the toe in, the camber, the ride height. All exactly the same principle, the suspension bulkheads and towers, the shocks, the steering all work exactly the same. The only difference will be at the back end where wishbones and diff are replaced with swingarm and fat wheel.

I'll post some of the sketches and drawings up when they are right.

Until then may the joy of the world be upon you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bits for the Reverse Trike Project.