More Fuel!

Take one fuel tank, a hole saw, some scrap from an ambulance conversion, a bit of card and some power tools. Hey presto, more fuel capacity.

I drilled the extra holes in the tank while Al spent a fair bit of time with a four inch grinder cutting and shaping the new tank bottom. We are going to tig a stiffener into it and then tig weld it in all the way around. It's now a 31 litre tank instead of a 21 litre tank.

We were able to use the space where the airbox would have lived on the bike but we are mounting this lower down and further back than on the bike and maybe even the wrong way round depending on what it all looks like one we get that far along.

This is one of those little jobs that need doing and because we have no steel to continue the chassis with it's time to do some bits and bobs while I save up.

BEFORE

AFTER
I'm off to see if minilites will fit my hub and caliper combination tomorrow and to avail myself of a mates shot blast cabinet to tidy the tank up before we weld it up.

Using the original tank and sender will make it an easy enough job when it comes to instruments as i intend to use an FZ dash so it should just plug in and play so to speak. I need to find a new filler cap though, I ruined the one on it getting it off, no key ya see, just a big hammer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bits for the Reverse Trike Project.

Clueless?