All Change At The Mad House.

I've managed to secure a Kawasaki VN 750 shaftie at the right price and given that I've not had a ride for six years this year I've decided to put the RT project on hold and do a simple conversion on the VN with a swing arm type rear end. I can't do the RT to the standard I'd be happy with at the moment so will look at that once this is finished. It's not been abandoned, just delayed.

I've started to strip the bike down and will be going all the way so to speak. The bike has been laid up for a fair bit and the last time it was started was November 2013. Most of the work will be cosmetic apart from the back end and adaptions.
I just think it makes sense to change the wheel bearings, the corroded fixing and it definitely makes sense to clean and paint both the frame and engine. The exhaust is going to be wrapped so won't need too much work apart from being shortened about 4" to allow for the axle centre being in the same place as the bike running gear.

Happily up to now none of the bolts have stripped or snapped and I'm leaving things soaking a bit of WD into them overnight. Happily some of them still have copper ease on them and have been a doddle to deal with. I'm looking for an axle now , I have most of the steel needed for the rear end and rack so I have a lot to be getting on with while I save a bit of cash up.

It may mean less partying for a little while but once it's done the missus and I will be out and about as often as we can.



Jethro's been in occasionally to keep the blocks of wood in the garage company and to give me the odd sympathetic look and lick. The last picture is where I'm up to so far. Next time I have a go I'll be stripping the loom and cables and drop the fluids in preparation for dropping the engine for paint.

Watch this space ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bits for the Reverse Trike Project.

Clueless?